Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Joke

I woke up this morning, and was very confused to why my alarm was going off, I then continued to believe I had put it on by mistake. It was then that it dawned on me, that today was thursday and I had to get up to go to work. I really hate it when that happens! I couldn't even remember what day it was, like as if I had awoken from some sort of coma (a strange, un-heard of "8 hour coma" that is).

To top that off, I finally decided to turn off my alarm (which had now been bleeping consitantly for about 2 minutes), slowly get myself up, only to come face to face with the blanket of snow covering every inch of what was outside of my window.

Driving in the snow is somewhat interesting to say the least, it goes without saying that you have to be extra vigile while on the roads (especially the side roads), any sharp movements could send you sliding into some poor sods front garden. I remember recently seeing something worrying but at the same time rather amusing. I was on my way down to East Sussex with my girlfriend, it was during the aftermath of the sever snow that hit southern England mid december last year. We were driving along the A22 when we both spotted some tyre tracks in the road vearing off into the forest. Obviously someone had taken a wrong turn, as the tyre tracks went straight into a load of evergreen trees and dissappeared into the darkness. Whether or not the car was still in the forest or not we will never know... However further down the same road we then saw a car which had drawn the short straw and had veared off in the same way, but into a barrier (you can imagine what state the car was in).

Believe it or not this dampened the mood slightly, it was then I knew which one I would have preferred to have experienced.

0 comments:

Post a Comment