Monday, January 11, 2010

The 2009 Drawer

I have been back at work for a week now, it actually went suprisingly quick (which is always a good thing when you wish it to be the weekend already). Anywho, yes, back for a week already, I walked into my office this morning and took one look at my desk and thought: "my gosh, I think I have forgotten what colour the top of my desk is!". As you may have guessed, it is a right mess! I then proceeded to have a mass tidy-up, I started planning out what I would do with all my old files, all my out of date paper work etc etc...

The planning stage was going well, until something strange happened. I realised I had a free drawer in desk, one that had been untouched since I walked through my office door for the first time last year. It was then that the planning stage was pushed to one side. Everything that was on my desk, in paper form, is now embedded deep into that drawer.

I now call that drawer "the 2009 drawer". I know I will never need any of it anymore, but the fact of the matter is, I cannot be bothered to sort through it at this moment in time. So I have come to the conclusion that I will only sort this drawer out a year from now. Obviously then I will change the name of it to "the 2010 drawer" and replace it with all that covers my desk at that time. But for now, the 2009 drawer is in place, and will be untouched for a whole year.

I'm so productive at work. A real trooper...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, that's how I usually "clean" my desk at home.

Andhari said...

I feel bad because I have a couple drawers like that in my study room :p

Teffers said...

I like the honesty guys! I like that I'm not alone here :)

Ashley @ Germato.com said...

I feel like parts of my house are turning into something similar to this drawer!

Post a Comment