Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Silver Lining

There is some truth to this silver lining lark. It has been approximately 2 months now since I quit smoking. I'm very proud I managed to quit, and to be honest it is the best thing I could have done!

However there is a down side to all of this. I started to feel the aftermath of quitting, aside from coughing an awful lot I was getting ill way too easily! Amazingly I have been ill since Boxing Day, on and off colds/coughs the lot! To top it off, last Friday my doctor diagnosed me with a chest infection. After that I was beginning to think that quitting was a silly idea, maybe if I had known about the 'aftermath' I was about to endure I might not have bothered...

But yes, the silver lining... I just got in from my weekly lads night out down the local snooker hall (back in my smoking days I would have chuffed a few cigerellos by now) and I realised that I no longer reek of smoke when I get in, where-as before I would not even have noticed (being used to the smell of course). It feels good to come back from a night out and still smell my aftershave I put on before I left the house and also be able to leave a shirt in my room after a night out and not have it stink the whole room out by the morning!!!

It is also safe to say that my girlfriend, as a strict non-smoker herself, is also very happy that I have quit. The silver lining continues...

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

God, I wish I could quit... I lasted 2 days and almost wanted to kill myself!

Tash said...

Yes, I am very happy and proud of you that you have stopped even though I know it's hard when all your friends smoke. Also glad we don't have to stand outside in the cold anymore :) xxx

Post a Comment