Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Origami


I was reading the paper this morning and I came across an article about a French fella called Eric Joisel. He spends more than 100 hours folding a single piece of paper to create his breathtaking origami pieces. Have a look at his website, he has a truly amazing talent. He actually sells his "sculptures" for as much as 4 grand a go!

If you look on his website you will see loads of different designs, he even shows you how to do some of them, along with plan drawings where all the folds should go etc. Origami has never really interested me, I have folded the odd aeroplane here and there, maybe even 1 or 2 sailor hats but by seeing Eric's work it really has opened my eyes, I may have to invest in some paper....

"When people ask how long it takes to make a sculpture I say '35 years' because that is how long it has taken me to get to this level"
Eric Joisel

0 comments:

Post a Comment